Wishlist Wednesday: The Not Quite Perfect Boyfriend

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted by Pen to Paper where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added, that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

The Not Quite Perfect Boyfriend (Girlfriend Fiction #5)
by Lili Wilkinson
Published August 1, 2008
by Allen & Unwin
'I did meet a Boy,' Midge snaps. 'He has wavy brown hair, and he's English. I met him at the Library. We had romantic picnics by the river and we kissed. A lot.'

Midge has never had a boyfriend - so she makes one up. Then she is paired for the Major Project with George, the New Boy, who doodles dragons, tucks in his shirt, has a mysterious past and an unseemly interest in secrets. Soon Midge's white lie turns into a web of deceit as she fabricates emails from her imaginary boyfriend, and even a MySpace page.

Then one day, Midge comes face-to-face with her imaginary boyfriend in the school corridor. Tall, brown wavy hair, English accent - he's exactly as she'd described him - right down to his name. Ben catches on quickly and rescues her from certain humiliation - kissing her in front of all her friends. He seems the answer to her prayers. A dream come true. The Perfect Boyfriend! But he turns out to be not quite perfect after all, and before long Midge finds herself in all sorts of trouble.



Lili Wilkinson is probably the first Australian author I remember encountering, and her book, Pink, is one of the first few contemporary chick lit books that I bought. I've only read two books from her, but I have liked them so far. I'm not sure I would say I love them though.

Why I want this book: Well, I've been meaning to read more from her really. I think her books are cute in their own little way. Plus if you read the synopsis, I think it will be fun and entertaining to find that the person you made up suddenly shows up in your school. I assume this will be funny. And I think I'm going to like George who seems quirky. I've been meaning to read this for a long time now, but I haven't seen a copy in local bookstores. So maybe in the future.


Keep on wishing,
Fluffy Reader Francine

No comments:

Post a Comment