Wishlist Wednesday: I'll Give You the Sun

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted by Pen to Paper where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added, that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.




I'll Give You the Sun
By Jandy Nelson
Publication Date: September 16th, 2014
By Dial Books for Young Readers
Jude and her brother, Noah, are incredibly close twins. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude surfs and cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and divisive ways . . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as an unpredictable new mentor. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world.

Why I want it: Let's start with the most obvious thing first; this gorgeous cover! It's so simple, yet stunning. Besides, I've always been drawn to colorful covers, so yes! This one is beautiful, and as ever, it caught my attention. Now, the story! I love that even if this book seems to have some romance elements, it's all about the twins and their relationship. I'm a sucker for good sibling relationships, I think they are so important in life and that they can even define a person, so when I find that kind of strong bond in a book, I'm lost to it. I really hope these brothers find their way back to each other, and that all the buzz I've been seeing has a good reason for it.

I wish, I wish, I wish
Fluffy Reader Valeria

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really good book to look forward to. I like how it is GLBT. :)

    - Dre @ Sporadic Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that too, but I also like that is not the main focus, so it seems like and interesting mix.

      Delete